Friday, May 15, 2009

Purchase Requests: Library Resources for Research & Teaching

With the newly designed library website and subject guides in English Literature and Film/Television Studies, I hope you're finding it easier to locate resources for your research and teaching needs. Please let me know if there are resources (journals, online reference sources, online full-text sources, etc.) that you would like the library to consider for purchase. While a purchase is not guaranteed, it is important that your work is supported as much as possible.

Here are some tips:
  • for monographs continue to use the recommendation form
    (also found on the Library homepage)
  • for journals, online reference sources, online full-text databases, contact me directly
  • when you contact me, provide as much rationale, information, etc. as possible so I can go forward armed and ready. All the better if more than one person makes a recommendation- together or separately
If you would like me to post some literature and/or film resources for your consideration (you may already know about them), let me know.