- Los Angeles Times (Proquest Historical Newspapers), 1881-1987. This west coast counterpart to the New York Times provides the full-text newspaper (articles, reviews, letters, obituaries, cartoons, display ads, etc.). It will serve as a rich source of research for documenting the Hollywood film and television industry, back to the beginnings.
- Boston Globe (Proquest Historical Newspapers), 1872-1979. Provides the full-text newspaper (articles, reviews, letters, obituaries, cartoons, display ads, etc.). This is a wonderful source for New England regional news as well as keeping track of the Boston Red Sox - the triumphs and the heartbreaks (like losing the 1967 World Series).
- Library Catalog
- Find Articles & More -> Browse by title ->
- Find Articles & More -> Browse by subject -> Newspapers ->
- Film &Television Subject Guide -> [under the tab: Newspaper Articles]
- English & American Literature Subject Guide -> [under the tab: Newspaper Articles]
America's Historical Newspapers
Full-text collection that includes hundreds of American newspapers published between 1690 and 1922. Search or browse early American newspapers including titles from all 50 present states.
Nineteenth Century British Newspapers
Collection of national and regional British newspapers from the collections at the British Library. Articles are presented as images of originals and can be viewed individually or in page context.
New York Times (Proquest Historical Newspapers)
Full-text of the New York Times since 1851 (excludes the most recent four years). Search or browse full-page images of the paper.