Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Looking Ahead to Fall 2012 - Teaching & Research Support

The fall semester is almost here! I hope you all have had a wonderful summer. While you're preparing your fall courses,  please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you and your students. I can do one or more of the following:
  • Design a web-based research guide customized for your course
  • Consult with you on a research assignment
  • Meet with students as a group (across Eng/FTS courses) outside of class, for workshops on using specific resources such as MLA Bibliography, Literature Resource Center, JSTOR, etc.
  • Meet with students individually for research assistance with a paper or project. Please encourage them to contact me directly
  • Design a web-based research guide for your course, visit your class briefly to introduce myself, and meet with students individually as necessary
  • Meet with your students as a group during class time (I need at least two weeks lead time for scheduling and class preparation)

I encourage you to include my name and contact information on your syllabi as the librarian for English and FTS, who looks forward to helping students with their research.